Friday, September 17, 2004
 

BUCKEYE!

I have had BUCKEYE! screamed in my face many times by my good friend Rich (actually my former brother-in-law). He was born in Columbus, OH, so he is programmed to obsess about Ohio State football.

His #7 ranked Buckeyes visit my NC State Wolfpack tomorrow afternoon in Raleigh. This is a rematch of last year's triple overtime, one point win for Ohio State at their place.

This is a big game for head coach Chuck Amato. Wolfpack fans love Amato, and they have funded massive facility renovations and enhancements for his program. However, Amato has finished fourth in the conference each of his first four years, despite the contributions of Philip Rivers, the greatest player in school history.

Now, the post-Rivers era is dawning, and Wolfpack fans will get their first indication if there will be any return on their investment of dollars and loyalty.

|

<< Home

© Copyright Patrick Eakes 2004-2010