Sunday, January 21, 2007
 

Golfing Nomads

Sedgefield Country Club's golf course is undergoing an extensive renovation through late summer 2007. That leaves me with no home course for my gang's weekly game.

The bad news is we lose our routine of playing on Sunday afternoons followed by a beer. The good news is that we have playing privileges at many of the better courses in the Triad, so we get to play courses we otherwise would miss.

Last weekend we went to Deep Springs in Madison. I had not played there since a high school match in April 1983. The design was good, and the course was in good condition for winter. After taking two months off without touching a club, I was pleased to shoot 80.

Yesterday we played at Greensboro Country Club's Farm Course. I have always enjoyed this course and consider it among the best in our area from the back tees. It was damn cold with a stiff breeze when we teed off at 10am. Luckily, I was dressed for the weather and played pretty well, shooting 81.

We look forward to getting our new and improved golf course open this summer, but until then I look forward to playing other great courses in the area.

|

<< Home

© Copyright Patrick Eakes 2004-2010