Sunday, October 31, 2004
 

Local Races

I voted for Joanne Bowie to return to the NC House representing district 57. She has served as an elected official for 30 years, both as a member of the Greensboro City Council and the NC House. Although I have only met her once, I was impressed with her candor, intelligence, and grasp of key issues.

Bowie faces Greensboro native Pricey Harrison in this race. Harrison's has an impressive list of civic accomplishments. Still, her recent return to a district that was redrawn to the great favor of democrats causes me some question about her motivation. After 30 years of public service, I have no qualms about Bowie's public service, so she gets the nod.

Although I do not live in NC Senator Kay Hagan's district, I would have voted for her given the chance. She is available to her constituents, bright, and has accrued a great deal of power in a relatively short time. She is an easy choice to continue in the NC Senate.

|

<< Home

© Copyright Patrick Eakes 2004-2010