Thursday, November 25, 2004
 

Giving Thanks

I am thankful for a family that remains close. My parents taught me the value of hard work, integrity, and service to others. By simply being themselves, both of my sisters taught me to appreciate smart, strong women.

I was lucky to meet my Kristen, and luckier that she married me. Like my sisters, she is smart and strong, and she is a wonderful wife and even better mother. Her beauty is icing on the cake. Our baby Sarah took over our lives 16 months ago, and we surrendered joyfully. Nothing turns around a bad day faster than her laughter.

Kristen's parents and her sister accepted me early and have treated me like family for the last 14 years. Seeing their joy as grandparents and aunt helps me understand the love and fun they provided to Kristen.

I have a small custom metal manufacturing business of six employees. My five coworkers are a never ending source of practical jokes and smack talk. Despite this, they are a mature bunch that only need me to point the way, and they do the rest with minimal supervision.

I have always been thankful for the opportunity to serve others. As a Rotarian, I volunteer 10-15 hours a week in a variety of ways that serve people in our local community and around the world. I am thankful that Rotary was founded 100 years ago.

I have many other reasons to be thankful, including good health and a large circle of friends. I hope that you have many blessing for which you are thankful, too.

|

<< Home

© Copyright Patrick Eakes 2004-2010