Tuesday, November 16, 2004
 

WZTK Review

I was pretty excited when I learned that WZTK would not only switch to a talk format, but would bring Brad Krantz back to Triad radio. I enjoyed Brad's stint at Rock 92 years ago, and he deserves a lot of credit for our ability to buy groceries and gas on Sunday morning and to enjoy non-smoking sections in restaurants.

Brad and Britt Whitmire have found their rhythm in the morning, and they have had some top-notch guests. I suspect that in the post-election period, they will have to reestablish their identity, which has been mostly political to date.

I met Mitch Albom once, and he is just as affable in person as on air. And while Clark Howard has the worst voice in the history of radio, his show is substantive and helpful to many.

I try to treat idiots like Neal Boortz and Michael Savage as examples of the fact that intelligent people can argue either side of a point. I just wish they would acknowledge that there are other valid sides to the points. But these guys are happy to simply throw meat to their conservative lions.

WZTK get points for its exceptional weekend jazz, so overall I give them a B-.

|

<< Home

© Copyright Patrick Eakes 2004-2010