Tuesday, November 09, 2004
 

What An Idiot

Charles Davenport's weekly column in today's News & Record includes this pearl: "...the political 'moderate' who, by definition, believes deeply in nothing."

Excuse me? Moderates believe deeply in nothing?

Have we really stooped to the point that we automatically invalidate those who think differently than we do? It seems to me like Davenport is guilty of exactly the holier than thou thinking that the political right assigns to the left.

For the record, Chas:

I believe deeply that discourse between those with opposing views is useful.
I believe deeply that not only can opposing views be valid, but they are necessary.
I believe deeply that most conservatives, liberals, and moderates love their country.
I believe deeply that your style of closed-minded thinking is a weak excuse for the well-reasoned arguments that you claim.

|

<< Home

© Copyright Patrick Eakes 2004-2010