Sunday, January 02, 2005
 

Praise Vicodin

I have had a head and chest cold for the last two and a half weeks. This is my second bout with this bug in the last two months, so I was glad to be on the downside of the illness late last week.... or so I thought.

New Year's Eve, after we had a lovely meal and some fantastic wine, I started coughing. It seemed like I coughed for the next three hours until the damn apple fell. I knew I had to do something.

My wife mentioned that she had some vicodin cough syrup. I took a teaspoon. That vicodin is good stuff - it knocked me out cold. When I got up on Jan 1, I stumbled into the furniture a few times before I got my bearings. Perhaps it was the combination of wine and vicodin.

Either way, I took it again last night, and it knocked me out again. I know vicodin is highly addictive, but I thought people liked it for its euphoric properties. So far, all I have gotten is good sleep and sore shins.

|

<< Home

© Copyright Patrick Eakes 2004-2010