Thursday, June 09, 2005
 

Bryan Amateur

The Bryan Amateur (Greensboro City Am) is this weekend, and it appears we will have three warm and potentially stormy days. I tee off at 2:10 in the first round tomorrow, so I will play during prime storm time, and storms around Lake Townsend tend to be strong and develop quickly.

Enjoying fatherhood, owning a business, and volunteering a lot of my time have reduced my playing schedule over the past three years, so I have dropped back to the flighted tournament the past three years. Prior to that, I played in the championship flight with college players and the best area amateurs.

The flighted tournament is a field of 144 and still very competitive. I was fourth two years ago and won* last year. With only 12 rounds under my belt this year, I have no reason to think I can finish that high again, but I am ever hopeful. This could be my year to be the Cinderella Boy.


* Another golfer birdied the last two holes last year to cut me by a shot. He had entered in the senior division, so he ended up as the senior champ and I was the regular champ. Quite bittersweet.

|

<< Home

© Copyright Patrick Eakes 2004-2010