Wednesday, October 12, 2005
 

Chip In The New York Times

Give Chip Atkinson credit for his moxie. One of his recent blog posts was run as a letter to the editor in the New York Times (registration required) on Sunday.

I will not rehash my criticisms of that post, but I noted that Chip has not corrected the factual errors in his original post or in the letter that ran in the NYT (assuming he submitted the letter and they did not take it straight from his blog).

Most bloggers make mistakes in posts every now and then. Correcting and acknowledging those errors at the post where they happened is an essential part of responsible blogging and building credibility.

Chip get props from me for getting his letter in the NYT. When he starts correcting errors in posts, I think he will get props from lots of other bloggers, too.

|

<< Home

© Copyright Patrick Eakes 2004-2010