Monday, January 09, 2006
 

Police Chief Wray Resigns

Greensboro Police Chief David Wray has resigned his post. Since the locks were changed on his office on Friday, I think it is safe to assume he walked the plank under duress.

Wray and his administration have been under investigation by the city attorney's office. I have to wonder if the other shoe is about to drop with the release of an unfavorable report about Wray.

I am friendly with some of the officers who patrol the area around my business. They have been unhappy with the constantly changing work shifts, and they have also felt that Wray paid little more than lip service to concerns expressed through surveys of rank and file officers.

I hope the department will find more stability and harmony under the leadership of Acting Chief Tim Bellamy.

|

<< Home

© Copyright Patrick Eakes 2004-2010