Sunday, February 18, 2007
 

Recycle, But Only a Little Bit

My company purchased a building last fall and extensively renovated the factory and offices. We finally got moved in at the first of this year.

We generate a fair amount of waste in our operation, and much of it is recyclable. We sell all of the copper, brass, aluminum, and stainless to companies that melt those raw materials and produce new goods with them. Our other recyclable items go to the curb in a brown recycling barrel supplied by the city.

When I called the city to request a recycling barrel for the new plant, I was told they would be happy to send us one barrel free of charge. When I asked about a second barrel, I was told it would cost $70.

So I am clear now on our city's recycling policy. They really, really want us to recycle, but we need to limit our weekly recycling to what one barrel will hold.

|

<< Home

© Copyright Patrick Eakes 2004-2010