Saturday, January 29, 2005
 

All Is Quiet, For Now

It is 5:30pm, January 29, in the eastern part of the US.

It is 4:00am, January 30, in Iraq. Election Day has arrived.

Nobody should expect an Iraqi election day as safe as the one the US had two months ago. In fact, the attack on the US Embassy could be just the beginning of a day of violence, but I pray that will not be the case.

I have wondered what constitutes a victory for the US' military campaign in Iraq. I cannot adequately define the criteria for a victory, but I am sure that a relatively safe, fair, participatory election in Iraq is a step in the right direction.

I think January 30 in Iraq is one of those hope for the best kind of days, but I fear the worst will occur instead.

|

<< Home

© Copyright Patrick Eakes 2004-2010