Wednesday, April 26, 2006
 

Jack Murphy Involved In Lawsuit

DJ Jack Murphy and Dick Broadcasting have been sued by a Winston-Salem woman who alleges Murphy made defamatory statements about her on the air at WKZL. As far as I can tell, only the W-S Journal has published this story, and I am surprised no newspapers or tv in Greensboro have picked it up.

I avoid Murphy's morning show during my drive to work, so I did not hear the alleged comments. It's not too hard to imagine Murphy saying them, though. I have had the misfortune to be around him in public a few times, and he is obviously a world-class ass.

Britt Whitmire of FM Talk 101.1 tipped me off to this story, and he speculates the case will never reach trial. I suspect he is right about that.

|

<< Home

© Copyright Patrick Eakes 2004-2010